Job Seeker Services
Who's Hiring This Week??? (05/07/2021)
*In addition check out our Local Recruitment Opportunities below.
Local Recruitment Opportunities
Guthrie is currently recruiting for environmental services openings at our Corning Hospital and Centerway locations.
Tuesday, May 18th Guthrie is hosting open interviews from 11:00 am-2:00pm at Centerway in Corning.
Additionally, our Corning Hospital positions are offering up to an $1,500 sign on bonus.
Alstom in Hornell, NY is recruiting for the position of General Mechanic II. Interested applicants can download the application here, complete and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alstom in Bath, NY is recruiting for the position of Car Production Worker. Interested applicants can download the application here, complete and return to email@example.com
Interviewing: How to prepare for Interviews Fact Sheet: Click Here
Need help with interview clothes? Click here for more information.
Looking for New Employment?
Whether you are just beginning a job search, or you know exactly what you want to do, the Workforce New York system offers "no-fee" services such as:
- Career Resource Library
- Computerized Job Matching
- Internet Access for Job Search
- Resume Preparation Assistance
- Workshops & Group Counseling
- Assessment Testing
- A Variety of Training Options
Job Zone: Online Job Search Portal Fact Sheet: Click Here
Priority of Service for Veterans - A veteran or eligible spouse of a veteran will be given priority for all system services. For details please refer to the Priority of Service Policy on the Training Services page.
Virtual Workshops: We offer a variety of "FREE" virtual workshops!
Click here for the workshops and descriptions being offered in May 2021.
Some workshops offered are:
- Basic Resume Creation
- Cover Letter Writing
- Keeping Your Data Safe in a Digital World
- Preparing for Your Virtual Interview
- Transferable Skills
To register for any of the scheduled workshops, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least one full business day prior to each workshop. (Any registration request less than one full business day in advance may not guarantee a slot for that workshop). An email confirmation and virtual invite will be sent to the participant after registration information and request is received and approved.
*Please note that workshop date/times are subject to change or cancellation. Notification of such changes will be given to all registrants at least two hours before the scheduled workshop begins.*
Virtual Meet the Employer Recruitment
Have an opportunity to meet with the employer and explore:
- What are the activities of this business?
- What types of positions do they typically recruit for?
- What skill sets do they value most for employment?
- What soft skills do they look for when hiring?
- What positions are open and how do you apply?
Email: email@example.com to register to attend TODAY!
A variety of on-line resources can assist you with your job search and career exploration. As always, you are welcome to utilize the no-fee, high-speed internet access available in all five career centers.
An array of local partners work in conjunction with the workforce system to assist the community with the multitude of issues that families are faced with difficult times.
- 2-1-1 Helpline - Referral system for a comprehensive array of services in Chemung, Schuyler, Steuben, Allegany & Yates Counties.
- Struggling Emotionally through COVID-19 layoff: For free emotional support, consultation and referral to a provider call (844) 863-9314