Services For Businesses
How Can We Help Meet Your Businesses Needs?
Unlock resources to increase the skills and efficiency of your staff and double your training budget!
Business Services Contact
Rae Ann Widmer-Mason
Chemung Schuyler Steuben
Workforce New York
SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES -
Growing Skilled Trades Greater Southern Tier April 27th, 2023, 9:00am-2:00pm at Big Flats Municipal Campus. All sponsors must complete the exhibitor registration form to exhibit at the event! Download and print your Sponsorship form today! Registration deadline is February 28, 2023.
CSS Workforce NY can help your business tap into resources to assist with:
Provides businesses the opportunity to update the skills of one or more employees, and to offset a portion of the cost of that training. Up to 50% of the cost of training eligible employees may be available for reimbursement.
"Thank you! This is a huge help to provide critical training needed for our company to continue to move forward." - Jabil
Instructions and forms for businesses requesting Customized Training funding:Summary of Needs Request Template
Provides businesses the opportunity to improve the skillset of an individual employee or support the skill development of a "new hire", while offsetting a portion of the wages during that identified training period, resulting in: Up to 50% of the pay rate of the each employee in training may be reimbursed for a maximum of $2,000.00 per contract.
Instructions and forms for businesses requesting OJT funding:
Talent Attraction and Recruitment:
- Free Job Posting in the NYS Department of Labor Job Bank - Hot Jobs Link
- Opportunities to recruit job seekers through our four American Job Centers, Virtual Meet the Employer Events and Drive Thru Job Fairs
- Access to grants to support the initial training costs of your "new hire" (OJT)
- Wage Analysis- How do your Wages Align with others in the Region?
- Support Services of Businesses that "Right Size" - Strategically down-size while maintaining employee morale and minimizing future UI obligations
- Labor Market Information- Historical Look-Back/ Projections of Labor Data
- Tax Incentive Information - Employment-based tax credits to cut federal and state tax liability
Hot Jobs is a free, on-line tool for employers to use to recruit. If you don’t have the time, money or staff, let us post your positions on National & State Job Banks and spread the word through the most popular social media outlets. It’s easy: just take a couple of minutes to give us your job details and put us to work for you! You can copy/paste your job description into the form. Fill out the Hot Jobs form online.
Priority of Service for Veterans - A low-income veteran or eligible spouse of a veteran will be given priority for all system services. For details, please refer to the Priority of Service Policy on the Training Services page.
Work, Live, Play, Enjoy! Find yourself at home in the Southern Finger Lakes.
Did you know the region is made up of three counties and comprised of communities of all shapes and sizes, the Southern Finger Lakes is home to diverse populations, neighborhoods, and businesses that all contribute to the distinct character of the region. Visit the Southern Finger Lakes!
Local Economic Development Agencies