Services For Businesses
How Can We Help Meet Your Businesses Needs?
Unlock resources to increase the skills and efficiency of your staff and double your training budget!
CSS Workforce NY can help your business tap into resources to assist with:
Provides businesses the opportunity to update the skills of one or more employees, and to offset a portion of the cost of that training. Up to 50% of the cost of training eligible employees may be available for reimbursement. Provides businesses the opportunity to improve the skillset of an individual employee or support the skill development of a "new hire", while offsetting a portion of the wages during that identified training period, resulting in: Up to 50% of the pay rate of the each employee in training may be reimbursed for a maximum of $2,000.00 per contract.
Talent Attraction and Recruitment:
- Free Job Posting in the NYS Department of Labor Job Bank - Hot Jobs Link
- Opportunities to recruit job seekers through our four American Job Centers, Virtual Meet the Employer Events and Drive Thru Job Fairs
- Access to grants to support the initial training costs of your "new hire" (OJT)
- Wage Analysis- How do your Wages Align with others in the Region?
- Support Services of Businesses that "Right Size" - Strategically down-size while maintaining employee morale and minimizing future UI obligations
- Labor Market Information- Historical Look-Back/ Projections of Labor Data
- Tax Incentive Information - Employment-based tax credits to cut federal and state tax liability
Hot Jobs is a free, on-line tool for employers to use to recruit. If you don’t have the time, money or staff, let us post your positions on National & State Job Banks and spread the word through the most popular social media outlets. It’s easy: just take a couple of minutes to give us your job details and put us to work for you! You can copy/paste your job description into the form. Fill out the Hot Jobs form online.
COVID-19 Related Business Information
Here are some resources for answers to common questions regarding COVID-19 and business
- Business Resources Related to COVID-19 Click Here Current 01.15.2021
- Chemung Chamber Listing of Business Resources and Advocacy Click Here Current 01.15.2021
- Governor Cuomo announced portions of Chemung County have been designated as a Yellow/Precautionary Zone and Orange/Warning Zone under the NY State Micro-Cluster Action Initiative. Restrictions are being put in place within these targeted areas to address COVID-19 hotspots that have been identified in our community. To look up an address to see if you are in an area that has been impacted, please Click Here Current 01.15.2021
- The Shared Work Program can provide an alternative to laying off employees during business downturns by allowing workers to work a reduced work schedule and collect partial unemployment insurance benefits for up to 26 weeks. Instead of cutting staff, you are able to reduce the number of hours of all employees or just a certain group. Current 01.15.2021
- CDC Guidance for Businesses Click Here Current 01.15.2021
- How to Clean your Mask/Face Covering: Click Here Current 01.15.2021
Business Services Contact
Senior Business Partner
Chemung Schuyler Steuben
Workforce New York
P: Working Remote - Use Cell
Access to Training Funds...
Strategic Talent Management Planning...
Priority of Service for Veterans - A low-income veteran or eligible spouse of a veteran will be given priority for all system services. For details please refer to the Priority of Service Policy on the Training Services page.
Labor Law Information
Attention all Southern Tier Businesses:
CHANGES IN THE LABOR LAW
Time off to Vote:
NYS election Law (Section 3-110) imposes several requirements on employers. all employers, regardless of size, must allow an employee up to two hours, with pay, to vote if such employee is a registered voter and "does not have sufficient time outside of his or her scheduled working hours, within which to vote on any dat at which he or she may vote." The law provides that if an employee has four consecutive hours either between the opening of the polls and the beginning of their work shift or between the end of their work shift and the closing of the polls, they are deemed to have sufficient time to vote and are not eligible for paid time off. An employee who requires time off to vote is required to notify their employer at least two days prior to election day. An employer may designate that time off must be taken either at the beginning or end of an employee's work shift, unless otherwise mutually agreed. Given that the state now has ten-day advanced voting, it is unlikely that many employees will still qualify for additional paid time off to vote. Finally, not less than 10 days before election day, all employers are required to conspicuously post a notice regarding these time off provisions. (Note- many employers already satisfy this requirement as part of their general labor law postings.)
2-1-1 HELPLINE ASSISTANCE FOR BUSINESSES - a free, confidential referral service that connects individuals with resources/services in Steuben, Chemung, Allegany, Schuyler & Yates Counties.
For more information:
CSSWFNY Training Opportunities
CSSWFNY is offering no cost on-line training opportunities for ALL residents of the Chemung, Schuyler and Steuben area beginning April 1, 2020! No, that isn't an April Fool's Day prank! The CSS Skill Up Site for our area will offer access to over 5,000 on-line courses in topics ranging from basic literacy through soft skills to technical skills for project managers- and include IT coursework, account/bookkeeping, and some medical coursework as well. (Expires 7/31/2021)
Click this link to access our Skill Up Site
Share this opportunity widely in your community!
Meet the Staff of CSSWFNY (video link)
Local Businesses - Do You Want to Learn How to Become Vetted in NYS:
Please click here to review the process.
Form #1 - Local Grant Pre-Award Agreement
Form #2 - NYS Responsibility Questionnaire
Free Training Portal For Businesses
Local Economic Development Agencies
Local Training Providers