Customized Training provides businesses residing in the tri-county area the opportunity to offset a portion of the cost of training for employees. The training impact should be to introduce new technology, introduce a new production or service procedure, upgrade to a new job that requires additional skills or to promote workplace literacy. This training may be conducted on or off-site.
Businesses must meet minimum WIOA eligibility:
All required documentation must be submitted and contract signed prior to the start of training.
- Your business must reside or have a footprint in Chemung, Schuyler or Steuben County
- You must be in good standing, according to the performance standard set forth by the CSS WFNY Board of Directors.
- You must apply for reimbursement for your program by providing details in advance to be approved by the Executive Director of CSSWFNY. For your convenience a Summary of Needs template is provided by clicking here.
- Customized Training Policies may be reviewed by clicking here.
You may sign up for the training, but the contract must be in place prior to the first day of training.
Step 1: We Need to do our Due Diligence:
Email as quickly as possible to Business Services representative: It usually requires 3-5 business days on the state end to be "found responsible".
Step 2: Tell Us Why You Need Help:
Provide a Summary of Needs Request.
Including the desire for the employee to "retain current employment" and "develop skills to support future growth" is important to support the need for training.
The training impact must fall within one of the following categories:
- Introduction of new technology
- Introduction to new production or service procedures
- Upgrading to new jobs that require additional skills
- Workplace Literacy
- Appropriate purpose identified by the Local Workforce Development Board
Step 3: Tell Us How You Want to Accomplish your Goal:
Provide training information; training provider, type of training, brief description of curriculum/skills increase, dates of training, hours of training, cost of training per participant. Invoice from training provider is helpful for this step.
Step4: Tell Us Who You Want to Train:
- Must earn less than $35.00/hour
- If male born after Dec 31, 1959 registered with selective service.
- Registered in the OSOS data base. (If an individual has collected unemployment or utilized our One Stop Career Centers at some point in their history, they are more than likely registered)
- If not, we can have the potential trainee fill out a one page registration form and enter their information into the OSOS system to make them eligible participants. Form here
Step 5: We Will Generate the Agreement:
Return all intake packages for a contract to be generated. Depending on the number of packages, it may take a week to two weeks to process. A contract will be sent for digital signatures prior to the start of training.
Step 6: Tell Us How It Went:
Upon completion, CSSWFNY will require:
- Copy of the invoice from the training provider
- Copy of cancelled check or proof of payment to the training provider
- Certificates of completion or sign in sheets for all eligible trainees
Step 7: We Will Send You a Check:
A check for reimbursement as per the contract will be distributed when all the required documents are provided.