On-the-Job Training Polices can be reviewed by clicking "here".
New Hire or Employed Worker On-the-Job Training
On-the-Job Training provides businesses residing in the tri-county area the opportunity to offset a portion of the wages and/or costs associated with conducting training for new hires or employed workers that will result in an upgrade to a new position or the opportunity to learn skills sets necessary to retain employment. The On-the-Job Training Program offers individuals, regardless where they reside, the opportunity to be properly trained for a position that requires specific skills sets in order to be successful.
- Trainee Application via the Career Center – Trainees must complete a brief (10 min.) OJT application at one of the five career centers BEFORE beginning a new job. This must be done at least 10-14 working days in advance of your hire/training date. OR
- Trainee Application from Businesses with Scanning Capabilities - Businesses you are now able to assist your trainees to complete the OJT application BEFORE beginning a new job during the interview process with the HR at the place of business. This also must be done at least10-14 working days in advance of the hiring/training start date. The application must be completely filled out with no blanks and must have one form of identification with the package at time of submittal. Identification may include a valid driver's license, birth certificate, passport, or Federal, State or Local I.D. Card. If you are interested in applying on your own, please click here for the application and note that is helpful if you indicate who the sender is in the body of the e-mail with contact information in case of questions and to confirm business vetting has been conducted. If business vetting has not been done, please see Step 3 and submit the two vetting forms. All OJT packages are to be scanned (in color if possible) and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Business NYS Vetting - All businesses must complete the NYS State Vetting process and be "Found to be Responsible" as a business. This is done to ensure workers compensation and Unemployment Insurance is being paid for the protection of the worker. Businesses with scanning capabilities may complete the following two forms and return them to Lori Haner, Business Services Manager at email@example.com to get started: Standard Pre-Award Survey and NYS Responsibility Questionnaire.
- Program Eligibility/Suitability Determination – Not all trainees, but most are determined eligible, dependent upon available funding – the business will be notified of determination. Employed workers must be changing job duties/responsibilities (title) and be receiving a minimum of $1/hr. increase in wage after the OJT contract training plan is developed. Individuals who earn over $35/hr. are not eligible per the CSS WFNY self-sufficiency level set forth by the WIB Board of Directors. Please note that customers may be contacted to return to the nearest center from time to time to complete additional assessements for special grant funds we may have available. Failure to do so may result in the inability to process the OJT application and execute a contract for the business.
- Contract Development – CSS WFNY staff is responsible to work with the business to identify the job description/training plan and a contract will be forthcoming. Each WIOA OJT contract is written at the discretion of the CSS staff for a minimum of 200 hrs. to a maximum of 1040 hrs. of training and a maximum reimbursement of $2,000 per contract.
- Progress Reports – CSS staff is responsible to ensure both the trainee and employer is satisfied with the progress of the new hire or employed worker upgrade.
- WIOA Compliance Monitoring – All CSS contracts are monitored to ensure Federal/State/Local compliance.
- Close-out and Reimbursement Payments – Payroll is collected and reimbursement is processed.
- Program Follow-up/Data Collection – CSS tracks the long-term progress of all training participants and may ask for follow-up data such as retention & wage information.